order non hybrid seeds LandRightsNFarming: Re: I throw like a girl

Friday, January 25, 2013

Re: I throw like a girl

when i was 13 I played " Babe Ruth Baseball" for so many weeks we all met at the school to do try outs. All of the Couches stood around and watched, We all payed our money knowing we had to be good to get a spot on the 5 sponsored teams. no refunds!

The day finally came that we all came into the schools big gym, the Coaches all tossed for their spot
to select their team players.

I was selected #4 for the team I played for, I was also selected to go to the All Stars Games , I did not get to go, I was hospitalized with 30+ ground hornet stings, my name was changed from Melissa to Melvin for that summer, but I had to fight to be there and show I was good enough to be there.

from peer pressure, to disrespect from the organizers, I was happy to play in a game where a Cubs scout was present looking at the pitcher from the other team.  I did not cry when he beamed me with a baseball clocked by that scout at 98 miles per hour!

Young Lady, I wish you all the best, Good luck with your endeavor.
melissa
On Fri, Jan 25, 2013 at 3:00 PM, Caroline Pla, age 11 and Marycecelia Pla via Change.org <mail@change.org> wrote:
 
Change.org
My football league says girls can't play anymore, even though I've been playing since I was 5. Sign my mom's petition asking the Philadelphia Archdiocese, which runs my league, to let girls play football!
Sign My Mom's Petition

melissa -

Hi! My name is Caroline Pla, I'm 11 years old, and I really love football. When I was 3, I watched my big brother play Pop Warner football, and I told his coach I would play someday, too. I kept my word. I started playing when I was 5, and now I play in a Catholic Youth league -- but the Philadelphia Archdiocese, which runs my league, is suddenly saying that girls aren't allowed.

The idea that girls can't play football is stupid. I've been playing for seven years, and I've never been injured. The guys don't go easy on me, either -- I've worked hard to show them that I'm just as good as they are, and I deserve to be treated the same as them.

I thought it was really unfair that they won't let me play next year, so my mom started a petition on Change.org asking the Philadelphia Archdiocese to let girls play football. Will you click here and sign it?

When I first heard that girls aren't allowed anymore, my first question was, "What about Gracie?" Gracie is the little sister of one of my teammates, and she really wants to play football when she gets older. For Halloween, she even dressed up like a football player and wore her hair like mine. If they enforce this rule, it won't just hurt me -- it will also hurt Gracie and all the other girls who just want to play.

When my mom first started her petition, we were really excited just to get 100 signatures. But now there are more than 55,000 signatures from all over the world, and people are REALLY starting to notice -- I even got to tell my story to Ellen DeGeneres on her show! I know that if we keep the pressure on, the Philadelphia Archdiocese will see that it's okay to let girls play football.

Please sign my mom's petition so that girls like me can play football.

Thank you!!

Caroline Pla, age 11
Marycecelia Pla (Caroline's mom)
Doylestown, Pennsylvania

This email was sent by Change.org to landrightsnfarming.seamom89@gmail.com   |   Start a petition
Unsubscribe. Edit your email notification settings.