order non hybrid seeds LandRightsNFarming: Fwd: Target vs. Thanksgiving

Monday, November 12, 2012

Fwd: Target vs. Thanksgiving



---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Casey St. Clair via Change.org <mail@change.org>
Date: Sun, Nov 11, 2012 at 12:42 PM
Subject: Target vs. Thanksgiving
To: landrightsnfarming.seamom89@gmail.com


 
Change.org
Target employees and customers demand that Target stay closed Thanksgiving night for Black Friday shopping.
Sign Casey's Petition

melissa -

My name is Casey, and I'm a proud Target employee. But I just found out that Target might take away Thanksgiving dinner with my family.

This Thanksgiving, Target could open earlier than ever, with Black Friday shopping starting as early as 9pm on Thanksgiving night. I love my job, and for the past six years have gotten stellar reviews from my supervisors. But I can't even request time off -- it's mandatory for all Target employees to work Black Friday hours, even though it means some people start as early as 8pm on Thanksgiving!

This policy is irresponsible and doesn't give me -- or consumers who want to take advantage of sales -- a chance to enjoy Thanksgiving.

I started a petition on Change.org because Target needs to give Thanksgiving back to its employees by not opening on Thanksgiving. Sign my petition by clicking here.

I moved to California from the East Coast for a teaching certificate Master's program. That means I've been working two jobs just to make ends meet, even when I was going to school full time. I've been looking forward to Thanksgiving as not just a day off, but the only time I'll get all year to see my family.

I know Target won't be happy because I'm speaking out, but that's how important it is for me and my fellow Target employees to spend Thanksgiving relaxing with our loved ones.

Last year, another Target employee started a petition on Change.org asking them to open later for Black Friday that got a lot of attention. I hope that by calling out Target again they will pay attention and push back opening times at stores across the country.

Click here to sign my petition asking Target to save Thanksgiving for both employees and customers by opening later for holiday sales.

Thank you for your support.

Casey St. Clair
Corona, California

This email was sent by Change.org to landrightsnfarming.seamom89@gmail.com   |   Start a petition
Unsubscribe. Edit your email notification settings.