order non hybrid seeds LandRightsNFarming: Re: Verizon

Monday, September 17, 2012

Re: Verizon



On Mon, Sep 17, 2012 at 11:16 AM, Cindy Butterworth via Change.org <mail@change.org> wrote:
 
Change.org
Verizon: Don't punish victims of domestic violence with cancellation fees.
Sign Cindy's Petition

melissa -

When my sister fled the house from her ex-boyfriend's beatings, she didn't even have time to put her shoes on. He sent her to the hospital with a broken nose and ribs. 

Because they had all their accounts together, including their cell phones, my sister's abuser could still see what calls my sister was making -- and even where she was calling from -- possibly endangering her life. 

My sister called Verizon Wireless to cancel their shared contract, but Verizon charged my sister $500 to cancel her phone -- just so she could escape the grasp of her abusive boyfriend.

I don't believe Verizon should make safety and freedom from an abusive partner even harder to achieve than it is already. That's why I started a petition on Change.org calling on Verizon to forgive all contract and cancellation fees for victims of domestic violence. Click here to sign my petition.

As many as 1.3 million women are subjected to physical assault by an intimate partner every year.  It takes so much courage to step out of an abusive relationship, seek help and start over. And Verizon Wireless knows it. It even has programs to help victims of domestic violence.

My sister's life and safety depended on being able to stay away from her abuser. And after a month of fighting to get her money back, she eventually won. But Verizon Wireless is punishing survivors like my sister who are just trying to stay safe and start over after devastating trauma and abuse by charging cancellation fees. It can and should do better. 

Please sign my petition asking Verizon Wireless not to punish victims of domestic violence by charging them early cancellation fees. Click here to sign.  

Thank you for your support. 

Cindy Butterworth
Rochester, NY 

This email was sent by Change.org to landrightsnfarming.seamom89@gmail.com   |   Start a petition
Unsubscribe. Edit your email notification settings.