order non hybrid seeds LandRightsNFarming: Fwd: melissa, 4 minutes late

Friday, August 3, 2012

Fwd: melissa, 4 minutes late



---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Anita Reyes via Change.org <mail@change.org>
Date: Thu, Aug 2, 2012 at 4:15 PM
Subject: melissa, 4 minutes late
To: landrightsnfarming.seamom89@gmail.com


 
Change.org
My bank could evict me from my home because I called them 4 minutes late. Help me stop them.
Sign my Petition

melissa -

After my bank made me wait 2 years to get my home back, they called off a deal with me to stay in my home because they said I called them 4 minutes late.

When I was threatened with eviction from my home of 17 years, I made an agreement with the Vice President of Woodlands National Bank. They said if I rented the house for two years, and brought money up-front, they would work with me to prepare a new mortgage. 

I held up my end of the bargain -- but now the bank is backing out, and I could be evicted from my home at any time. I've tried calling and visiting the bank's Vice President Cindy Koonce in person, but she refuses to work with me.

I started a petition on Change.org calling on Woodlands National Bank to follow through on its promise to help me keep my home of 17 years.

Click here to sign my petition now.

I've lived in my home for 17 years now. As the years passed, I've watched the cedar that I planted grow from fitting in the palm of my hand to as tall as my house. I've stood by, smiling, as my great-nieces and nephews picked raspberries from the bushes in my yard. I've watched, as my house has grown from my place to a communal place, for my family, my friends, and my community.

The bank has already shown that it is sensitive to public opinion: the bank proposed the original deal because the community sent in petitions and made phone calls on my behalf. 

I am confident that if enough people join this campaign, Woodlands bank will negotiate with me, and become part of the solution to the housing crisis we face.

Click here to sign my petition asking the Vice President of Woodlands National Bank to negotiate with me on my mortgage.

Thank you.

-- Anita Reyes

This email was sent by Change.org to landrightsnfarming.seamom89@gmail.com   |   Start a petition
Unsubscribe. Edit your email notification settings.